Wherever you are right now or whichever city you want to settle down, there are, and will always be, general home issues and problems that a home inspection can bring to light. Salt Lake City is one of those communities you want to settle in. Home to over 200,000 locals, Salt Lake City residents and tourists enjoy the good balance of nature and entertainment sites. Salt Lake City, UT also experiences all four seasons and is the second driest state next to Nevada.
Salt Lake City is definitely a good place to live. This is the reason why many folks who only come to visit end up staying. Demands of housing are constantly on the rise. However, as with every home there is, residents of this 110.4 square miles city also experience these 7 common problems that our home inspection in Salt Lake City, UT brings to light.
- Plumbing- leaking, exposed, and outdated pipes
- Electrical – ungrounded outlets, and improperly wired breaker boxes – all of which are safety hazards
- Heating – leaking in heating units
- Drainage – poorly installed drainage system. One of the common signs of drainage issues is a wet basement.
- Roofing problems – this includes torn and cracked shingles, and poorly installed flashing.
- Walls – gaps and cracks in walls
- Fungal timber decay or dry rot
Other than that, there are two home inspection myths that we also put an end to. First, the assumption that new homes are flawless. Unfortunately, no home is perfect. Second, a home inspection is not needed if buying a home warranty. The problem is, home warranties rarely cover everything so it’s always the best idea to have a home inspection conducted before closing.
All these affect the convenience, safety, and health of homeowners. This is why at Bent Nail Inspections, we don’t just look around or offer what we have. We provide exemplary Salt Lake City, UT home inspection services because we want you to get what you really paid for.
Perfecting the art of home inspection since 2008, listed below are our top-notch home inspection services in Salt Lake City, UT:
- 5- Star Package – Our 5-star Package includes Radon Testing, Mold Testing, Home Inspection, Online Resources, and more!
- Home Buyers Inspection – A non-invasive physical examination of the home. Our Salt Lake City, UT home inspectors examine the major components and systems in the home such as roofing, ceiling, attic, walls, siding, interiors, heating and cooling, plumbing, electrical, foundation, basement, and crawlspaces. The benefit? It provides you with proper knowledge of the actual conditions of the home and helps you make an informed decision.
- Home Sellers Inspection – One advantage of a home seller’s inspection is that sellers get to see their property through the eyes of an unbiased, neutral, and critical third party. This way, you can price your home realistically and make repairs ahead of time before buyers and agents start touring around the property. Moreover, you are confident with your property which also relieves potential buyers’ concerns and suspicions.
- Builders Warranty – Most common construction issues get noticed until 3 – 5 years. Our Salt Lake City Builders Warrant Inspection will give you a comprehensive report of your property’s condition before your warranty expires and before you run out of time. One of the immense benefits you reap is that it saves you a lot from costly repairs because your builder is still responsible for it. Don’t think that 11 months is still a long way to go because you are actually a day closer to it.
- Radon Testing – Radon gas goes into the air you breathe and is the second leading cause of lung cancer, next to cigarette smoking. Each year in the United States alone, thousands die of lung cancer. EPA recommends a radon level between 2 to 4.0 pCi/L. Protect you and your family’s health from the risk of radon and lung cancer by calling us today for radon testing.
We at Bent Nail Inspections guarantee only the best. Call us today at (208) 471-4591 or click here to take advantage of our online 24/7 scheduler.
Services And Service Area
Bent Nail Inspections provides Buyer’s Home Inspection, Pre-Listing Inspection and Builder Warranty Inspection as well as Radon Testing to home buyers and home sellers in the following areas of Salt Lake City, Sandy, West Jordan, Orem and Ogden, and the surrounding area.
Home Inspections in Salt Lake City, UT – 84125, 84090, 84084, 84057, 84401